Happy 1st Birthday, Parker!
Having recently bonded over our premature holiday cheer and an unhealthy affinity for Mod Podge and glitter, a few of us got together on a Saturday afternoon to eat, drink and craft. Denise initiated the gathering and hosted it at her cozy Logan Square apartment and it…was…awesome.
While old-timey Christmas music played, we drank her homemade Hot Spiced Cider, snacked on veggies and hummus and got to work. A few hours later we had all created wreaths that were completely different from one another. I’m already looking forward to the next project – which we have decided to keep vague, like the wreaths. Leaves room for inspiration…
Keep reading to see the very different wreaths we all made and, more importantly, to see photographs of food and a smushy-faced cat named Moses. He’s adorable…and fabulous from all of that glitter shrapnel.
- A Charming Christmas Wreath (justasmidgen.com)
- Rolled Sheet Music Christmas Wreath (houseof34.com)
- Craft Corner: Snowball Wreath (longroadtowisdom.wordpress.com)
- Five Crafty Christmas Wreaths You can Make at Home (crafts.answers.com)
- DIY Ornament Wreath (forthemommas.com)
- How to Personalize Your Christmas Wreath (cathydlaws.wordpress.com)
- DIY Wine Cork Wreath (afreespiritedgirl.wordpress.com)
- Week 13. Craft. (mariannewhittaker.wordpress.com)
Last year, for Christmas Eve dinner, I made delicious Beef Bourguignon and truffle mashed potatoes for my family. Knowing the children would have no interest in eating something so fancy, I set them up in the kitchen so that they could make their own pizzas. I spent time using mini cookie cutters to cut the colored peppers into Christmas shapes – yellow stars, green trees, red candy canes. I purchased Trader Joe’s pizza dough the day before as well as their pizza sauce. Keep reading my captions below to see how it all turned out!
All in all, it was a cute idea and they had (some) fun, and the pizzas were still tasty. I think I will try the DIY pizzas again for another party – this time, with more creative, risk-taking children in attendance.
- Cheese Pizza + Relaxed Dough (laceylmoody.wordpress.com)
- Julie’s Jabber: Sucking The Fun Out Of The Holidays (kvil.cbslocal.com)
For directions on how to create these cute keepsakes, please read my post from last year! Just click each image to open them in a new tab. Print each page on standard letter-size card stock. For best results, save as a pdf file and have them professionally printed at a Copy and Print Center such as Staples. These designs are for personal use only.
- Fingerprint Snowmen Ornaments and 2012 Poem | Class Party Craft (pasticheevents.com)
- Snowmen Ornaments (cosmocricket.typepad.com)
Happy Halloween y’all! So I went a little crazy making supplies for my Leo’s class party this year…no big. I have a few more things planned and will create a new post after the actual party. This time, I’ve included my templates so you can use them!**
Just click on them to open up in a new window and print. The treat bag tags are formatted to fit Ziploc (or generic) sandwich or snack bags. Just print, cut, fold and staple. I suggest a heavy, white, glossy card stock and having them professionally printed at a Staples Print Center. The cost is low and they do a fantastic job.
**I do not know the name of the designer who created the skull graphic. Please be sure to use these templates for personal use only.
- Boo Buckets – Halloween Class Party Game (pasticheevents.com)
- En la Clase: Día de los Muertos, Sugar Skulls & Acrostic Poetry (teachinglatinamericathroughliterature.wordpress.com)
- Spooky Halloween Templates & AVAILABLE now! (getresponse.com)
Just a super fast post! I made these cute toppers for a bachelorette party held at the Round Barn Winery & Estate in Baroda, MI. I’ve saved my design, so if you’d like them made for your party (in any color combo), let me know!
Digital Image: $4.00
20 Constructed Toppers: $14.00 (for USPS)
- Cupcake toppers using the Birthday Girl Collection Kit (scrapbooksbydesign.ca)
- Cupcake toppers (shortandsweetreats.com.au)
- Pac man cupcake toppers (craftyminx1980.wordpress.com)
My little guy just turned 6 years old and this year just seems BIG: First grade, budding friendships and real, honest OPINIONS from an actual little person. When asked about what he’d like to do for his birthday, his answer was pretty clear: “I just want to bowl.”
I let him invite his favorite friends (Austin, Charlie, Quinn and Kylie), eat his favorite food (pizza and root beer) and lose his mind at what turned out to be a private bowling alley on a Sunday afternoon.
I should listen to him more because this party was the easiest one yet. Even the parents had fun bowling and eating their favorite food (nachos and beer).
For Rosie’s 1st Birthday, Mommy requested yellow and grey chevron patterns, sweet bumble bees and touches of turquoise.
Sea Salt and Olive Oil Popcorn Sacks
Chevron Cupcake Toppers
Custom High Chair Decoration
“Wishes for Rosie” Cards and Mini Table Vases
- 1st Birthday Chevron Party (wickedwishez.wordpress.com)
- How to Celebrate a 1st Birthday: relax, and eat some cake (onwardcuriosity.com)
- Everything Chevron! (guessae.wordpress.com)
Designed and delivered these custom invitations for Mason’s 3rd Birthday party within 48 hours! Also ordered :: Custom Birthday Banner and Mini Pennant Flags for the cupcakes.
I’ve saved the template if you’d like something similar…otherwise, I can design something for you on-the-fly.
- nostalgic fairground party (julieroseparty.wordpress.com)
- a beautiful real circus party… (gaddieandtood.typepad.com)
- St. Louis Circus Wedding from Megan Thiele Studios (stylemepretty.com)
- The Circus Is In Town (staceymcbride.wordpress.com)
This box of Favorite Things cupcakes was inspired by my friend, Holly – vanilla cake flavored with almond, topped with a light, fluffy homemade butter cream frosting and white nonpareil candies. Each cupcake was topped with one of her favorite things and backed with gold glitter (…very Holly). I even decorated the bakery box with a poodle-loving pin-up girl that reminded me of her!
Holly’s Favorite Things:
:: Buffy Summers :: Buffy, her Black Toy Poodle :: Wes Anderson :: Coca Cola :: Red Ray Bans :: John Hughes :: Battlestar Galactica :: The National :: Her Impressive Record Collection :: Tiffany’s :: Polka-dots (..and she wore them before they became trendy) ::
I’m in Chicago if you’d like to order a box of my ‘Favorite Things’ Cupcakes for your friend – these are perfect for a birthday party, a girls’ night, a bachelorette party, etc. I would be happy to use your favorite Instagram or personal photos too.
Details: $40 for 16 delicious, homemade cupcakes (completely tailored to the likes of your favorite person) in a decorative bakery box. 48 hours notice required.
- Cupcakes for Chih’s Birthday (shirleywilsoncakes.com)
- Vanilla Cupcakes (lookatmycupcakes.wordpress.com)
- Cupcake Fantasy (jixifox.me)
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Soda Cupcakes (hesheweebites.wordpress.com)
- 12 Of Our Favorite Cupcake Recipes (sweets.seriouseats.com)
- Cupcakes! (juliannefiori.wordpress.com)
- Polka Dot Baby Shower, Sunshine Baby Shower (potterybarnkids.com)
- Ingredient of Cupcakes (mebunkers94.wordpress.com)
- Cupcakes, y’all. (cheapbutclassysouthernandsassy.wordpress.com)