In July, I was lucky enough to plan a unique event for a really great couple; John and Jan B. John’s lovely wife, Jan, had recently graduated with her Masters in Poetry and he wanted her to celebrate her accomplishment with all of their family and friends…but perhaps more importantly, he wanted her to relax and actually enjoy herself!
I met with John and we got the ball rolling right away. Fun details included: a catered dinner by Moe’s Southwest Grill, Mexican Hot Chocolate and Tres Leches Cupcakes from a local Chicago friend – Amy of Doozy’s Desserts (Poetry Cupcakes – see below!), a Giant Magnetic Poetry board and a poetry reading at dusk (courtesy of Jan’s impressive list of literary friends and colleagues, as well as her wonderful family).
John and Jan have stated again and again that the party was a success and I hope to help them with their next big event soon. They truly are one of the most wonderful families I have ever met. Please peruse the gallery and feel free to send me an email if you’d like help creating anything similar for your event.
- Poetry Monday: The season changes, we bow our heads (visibleandreal.wordpress.com)
- Thank You, Thank You (newyorker.com)
- Poetry Readings at the Library (library.sbcc.edu)
- A Plethora of Poets (anakalianwhims.wordpress.com)
- Broadsides: Home: Zazzle.com Store (onewaytowonder.wordpress.com)
- Cafe Poetry goes live! (guerrillapoem.wordpress.com)
- Jmw Tanglewood / Backstory (lightship-traffic.org)
- 4 November 2012: international poetry event (gratitudeeveryday.wordpress.com)
- Patrick Friesen: a poetry reading and Q&A (queensevents.ca)
- What is Poetry? (taimur.org)