The March heatwave already feels like a distant memory, so I would like to pretend that May 14th marked our first true day of summer-like weather here in Chicago. What better way to rejoice than to clean off the grill and eat *GASP* outside. Not having much time to prepare an above-average meal for my family, I stopped at the store and bought a pack of beer brats and potato salad ingredients. Since my guests always ask me to send this potato salad recipe to them after they’ve tried it, I thought it would make a nice post for the bloggy blog.
It is fresh, healthy and embarrassingly easy to prepare. I feel bad even referring to it as a recipe. Feel free to make your own Tzatziki Sauce, but seriously, why would you do that? Cedar’s is all-natural and tastes delicious, so quit trying to impress everyone already.
Cucumber and Dill Smashed Potato Salad
3 lbs. Small white potatoes, quartered
1 12oz. Container of Cedar’s Cucumber and Dill Tzaziki Sauce
4 Stalks of celery, chopped
1 Bunch of green onion, finely chopped (the white part in case you are a produce virgin princess)
Handful of Italian parsley, chopped
Coarse Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
Rinse and then boil your potatoes in a pot for the typical 15-minutes. I like to take the potatoes out when they begin to split. Rinse them in a colander under cold water. In your serving bowl, combine the contents of the Tzatziki Sauce, chopped veggies, parsley and potatoes. Add your salt and pepper. Keep in the fridge overnight or a for a few hours although it is still delicious when it’s a tad warm.
- Potatoes Beyond French Fries (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Chili Beef with an Avocado, Feta, Peppadew and Herb Salsa Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- I Have a Puerto Rican Husband, a Hawaiian Filipino Wife, and a German Wife (writesandbites.com)
- Reser’s Selects Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes, Asks America to Vote for Favorite (prweb.com)
- Dilly Potato Salad with Whole Grain Mustard (lilikoikitchen.wordpress.com)
- Get in my Belly: Miso Potato Salad with Green Beans (persephonemagazine.com)
- Asian Sweet potato Salad (optimumnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Warm Potato Salad (thesizzlingsaucepan.com)
- Madness Potato and Tarmac Salad (blarneycrone.com)
- Tzatziki: Substantial salad, not insipid sauce (blogs.vancouversun.com)