Inspiration: Dinner at Cooper’s Hawk Winery. Birthday Girl is a lover of red wine, chocolate and all things pretty.
Feeling inspired, I turned to Sprinkle Bakes, the blog I browse anytime I want to attempt anything exceptional. Heather Baird always seems to have what I am looking for – here is her amazing recipe for Chocolate Chianti Cupcakes.
The recipe was near perfect, but I did find that when I was blending the cooked-down Chianti into the buttercream (ohhh, that buttercream…) I didn’t have to use the full amount the recipe called for. Maybe I did something wrong, but if I would have added the full amount, the frosting would have been too watered down. I was glad I decided to add less and taste-test as my Kitchen-Aid did its work. The frosting was so unbelievable that I double layered the chocolate cupcakes (I make them smaller so they fit the jars) just so I’d have an excuse to add more frosting! After the assembly, I placed the jars in an old wine crate to tote them to the restaurant.
- Salted Caramel Buttercream Recipe (pasticheevents.com)
- Completely average, completely delicious chocolate frosting? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Multi-Colored Frosting (mybeautifuldisastersblog.com)
- National Chocolate Cupcake Day (wscwong.typepad.com)
- Pumpkin Cake with Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Dream cake recipes from EziBuy customers (ezibuy.co.nz)
- Querceto Chianti Classico 2008 Wine Review (NW) (winecask.blogspot.com)
- Rocca Delle Macìe Chianti Riserva 2008 (canadianwineguy.com)
- Love Birds… (foodieunderconstruction.wordpress.com)