I seriously don’t know what I would do if my child didn’t love the Muppets as much as I do. You can’t imagine my excitement when he asked if he could have a Muppets party for his 5th Birthday. I broke into song and dance and probably scarred him for life.
Since the event was at a private lake house with lots of land and fishing, I kept things simple. I filled various bowls with water guns, bubbles, coloring books, crayons and sidewalk chalk.
I also made custom lunch sacks for each child and asked the parents in advance if their little one preferred a PB&J or Turkey & Cheese. Also included was an organic applesauce pouch, a bag of plain potato chips and a wet nap. The colored bags were each decorated with a delightful Muppet face, the child’s name and a party horn.
The parents, however, were served a more upscale lunch – I served an assortment of miniature gourmet sandwiches, two fresh side salads, a fruit platter, a variety of homemade appetizers, beer, wine and margaritas.
Food Toppers: Click on the image below to open it in a new window. Right-click to save or print.
- Is It a Muppet Character or a New Fragrance? (bellasugar.com)
- THE MUPPETS Sequel Update: Filming Begins in Late January at Pinewood Studios in London; Bret McKenzie Writing New Songs (collider.com)
- Million Muppet March Falls 999,004 Muppets Short (pjmedia.com)
- 352. Mahna, mahna (brigitteliem.blogspot.com)
- Muppets-Themed Nail Polish Is On Its Way (bellasugar.com)