As promised, I’ve updated this post with the free printable pages for 2013. They are a little different, but definitely cuter! This craft is the perfect keepsake for your child’s holiday class party or just to give to the grandparents. Don’t forget to add a matching ribbon and have your child sign the back of the tag! Feel free to print the pages for personal use only.
First: This is not my original idea…at all. This class craft and poem have been around for years and now my child finally gets to make his own. These ornaments will make an adorable memory for the kids to take home from the class holiday party, I can’t wait to help them out with it.
- Unbreakable ornaments, 1 for each child
- White craft paint
- Tray or a paper plate for the paint
- Fine-point Sharpies (assorted colors would be fun)
- Poem cards to hang on each ornament (I’ve included a blank template for you)
- Cello bags to keep them safe from other take-home treats
Another mom and I are sneaking in a week early to make the fingerprints so that they are dry the day of the party. DO NOT FORGET TO WRITE THEIR NAMES ON THE BACK OF THE ORNAMENT with a white paint pen. It would be sad if the wrong little set of prints went to the wrong home!
At the party, a helper will sit with the kids and help them decorate their fingerprint snowmen. Lastly, have each child sign his/her name on the attached poem cards (which have hopefully been tied to each ornament in advance).
*I’ll update the year early next holiday season. Promise!
- Impress Without Stress: 13 DIY Christmas Ornaments (redtri.com)
- Christmas Ornament Craft: Recycled Snowman (inspiredbyfamilymag.com)
- Pinterest Roundup: DIY Ornaments (dailysavings.allyou.com)
- Amy’s Craft Corner: Snowmen On A Stick & More (forthemommas.com)
- 10 Easy Gifts Kids Can Make For Christmas (or Hanukkah)! (teacherlingo.com)
- Lacing Tree Ornaments (happyhooligans.ca)
- DIY Children’s Framed Fingerprint Ornament (3citygirlsnyc.wordpress.com)
- DIY Snow Globe! Fun Craft to Give or Keep (tamerietherton.com)
- A Massive Collection of the Most Adorable Homemade Christmas Crafts and DIY Ornaments Made by Kids are Now Featured on Kids Activities Blog (prweb.com)