Layer 1: 1 Box of Chocolate Panettone, cubed
Layer 2: Drizzle and Garnish (Reserve some for the very top!)
- 1 smallest bottle of Kahlua Coffee Liqueur (the single-serve bottle will do)
- Dark chocolate shavings (I use 2 whole Ghirardelli chocolate bars)
Layer 3: Sliced, fresh strawberries (Buy 2 pints, you may be left with extra)
Layer 4: Espresso Cream Cheese Whip
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (OR, 16 ounces of Mascarpone!)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at low-speed until sugar is incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium high and beat until frosting is light and whipped, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Keep layering your ingredients and garnish the top with squares of chocolate, shavings and a little more Kahlua.
- In the Kitchen: Peppermint-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies by Giada De Laurentiis (abullseyeview.com)
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mini Trifle (justaddcheese.com)
- JENNIPHURE: Recipe for a New Holiday Treat (newyorkjets.com)
- Snickers Apple Trifle (mylifewiththiscircus.typepad.com)
- Photo Essay: California’s Chocolates Through the Lens (thecultureur.com)
- Cherry Cordial Hot Chocolate Recipe (formulamom.com)
- Berrylicious Trifle (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Raspberry & Cream Sugar Cookie Cups (oneshetwoshe.com)
- Volcano Cake (relovedrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Wonderfully Decadent Chocolate Fruit Crepes with Cream Cheese Filling (simplysophisticatedcooking.wordpress.com)