Thanks to my lovely friends who travel with cameras, actual photographs of the cookie swap party will someday be posted. This is one of my favorite events that I personally host each year. Each of my guests is asked to bring six-dozen homemade cookies, an ornament to exchange and generous donations for the local food pantry. I, in turn, reward their blood, sweat and tears with a bar full of libations, a home-cooked meal and prizes for the cookie standouts!
This year I was inspired by old-fashioned, holiday photographs from my husband’s ridiculously large Polish and Italian family…Big hair, silver trees, swirly fonts, highball and martini glasses all served as one big, swingin’ collective muse!
- Cookie Exchange & How to Host a Cookie Exchange Party | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Vegan Cookie Recipe Swap – Gingerbread Cookies (planetforward.ca)
- Get Social: Organize a Tea Swap (englishtea.us)
- How To Plan A Really Retro Christmas Tree Decorating Party (areallyretrochristmas.wordpress.com)
- Acorn Cookies. (savedollarblog.com)
- The 2012 Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap (fitnessfoodandwhateverelse.com)
- Are you ready for a cookie swap? (veronicascornucopia.com)
- Bella Quiz: Prohibition-Era Cocktail or Nail Polish Shade? (bellasugar.com)